PHOTO: AHHerald file photo
With the Every Student Succeeds Act shaping state curriculums and students getting closer to the end of their summer breaks, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2018's States with the Best & Worst School Systems as well as accompanying videos.
In order to determine the best school systems in America, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 25 key measures of quality and safety. The data set ranges from pupil-teacher ratio to dropout rate to median standardized-test scores.
Quality & Safety of Schools in New Jersey (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 3rd – Math Test Scores
- 2nd – Reading Test Scores
- 4th – Pupil-Teacher Ratio
- 5th – Median ACT Score
- 14th – % of Licensed/Certified Public K–12 Teachers
- 2nd – Dropout Rate
- 25th – Bullying Incidence Rate
- 11th – % of Threatened/Injured High School Students
For the full report, please visit: