RED BANK, NJ - Riverview Medical Center’s sixth annual "Paint the Town Pink" kicked off Friday, May 4 and runs through Saturday May 12. While there are a number of signature Pink events throughout the week, this upcoming weekend has a slew of events.
Saturday, May 5
Pink Bingo Night
Rumson Fair Haven School Cafeteria
74 Ridge Road, Pinkson, NJ
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Gather up the family and join us at the high school for a good old-fashioned bingo night complete with food and prizes. In honor of Cinco de Mayo enjoy a special PINK flour tortilla burrito, with your choice of chicken or beef. Pizza also available for our non-meat eaters and children.
Evening’s activities brought to you by: Molly Maguire’s Blackpoint Inn, Heritage House Sotheby’s International Realtors, and Rumson Management.
Sunday, May 6
- Paint Everything Pink: A fully Pink Family Day (over 3500 people expected!)
Riverview Medical Center Parking Lot
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
1 Riverview Plaza
Red Bank, NJ 07701
Complementary event for everyone in attendance - Enjoy Community Day by bringing the whole family out for a day of fun! Featuring many of the same pink “zones” families have come to expect, as well as exciting new ones. This year’s event will feature: Kids’ Fun & Games, Pink it Yourself Man Cave and Rockin’ Country Thunder 106.3 to name a few.
- Pink Beach Community Day
Monmouth Beach Bathing Pavilion, Pink Beach, NJ
4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
In one pink town, three pink events:
A well-loved past event for the entire family featuring pink sweets and treats, music provided by local musician, Carl Gordiner, sand art and face painting. Plus don’t miss our main attractions:
- oPink Plunge into the Pinklantic Ocean* At 5:30 p.m., show your support for pink by taking a dip in the cool May waters of the Pinklantic Ocean.
- oPaint the Sky Pink Help us paint the sky pink by flying a kite on the beach. Exclusive Paint the Town Pink kites will be available for purchase for $10. A kid favorite!
- oSand Castle Building Contest* Traditional beach fun for the family, enter our contest to construct a royally pink sand castle.
- Pinkbury – Light the Night Pink
Borough of Shrewsbury Municipal Complex
419 Sycamore Avenue, Pinkbury, NJ
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Friends, family, and neighbors alike are invited to gather at the Municipal Complex as local breast cancer survivors and town leaders light the night pink and “pink” our town gazebo. After, join us as we dine and pledge for Pink with food and music and pledge tables. Activities for kids will
also be available. Also don’t miss our Pink-themed Cake Decorating Contest. With categories for amateurs, amateurs under 18, and professional bakers, awards will be given for most delicious! most creative! and best use of pink! Cakes will be displayed at the event and in a special “Cake Walk.”
- It truly takes a village to turn a town pink, and for the sixth straight year, volunteers, committees, businesses, physicians, and local officials make this event a reality. Everyone joins forces for one common goal; breast cancer detection. For more information about Paint the Town Pink and any of this weekend’s events, go to www.PainttheTownPink.com.