POSTED TO FACEBOOK:
On August 16, 2021 at approximately 7:00pm, Keyport Police Patrol units stopped a group of six motorcyclists in the area of Broad St and Maple Place. Officers observed the motorcyclists doing wheelies on American Legion Drive. Numerous Careless driving citations were issued due to unsafe behavior and disregard for pedestrian and traffic safety.
Please read the below tips on Motorcycle Safety below. Operating a vehicle in an unsafe manner will not be tolerated. If you see this type of unsafe operation call Keyport Police Department at 732-264-07062021
Get Up to Speed on Motorcycles
1. Motorcyclists and vehicle drivers alike: Never ride while impaired or distracted — it is not worth the risk of killing or injuring yourself or someone else.
2. Thirty percent of motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes in 2019 were riding without valid motorcycle licenses. Get licensed. Ride safe.
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS ANIMAL HOSPITAL
We offer a wide array of various medical services including vaccinations, x-rays, and more! To inquire, don't hesitate to contact us. https://www.atlantichighlandsvet.com
3. Motorcyclists: Never drink and drive! In 2019, 29% of motorcycle riders who died in single-vehicle crashes were alcohol-impaired. Ride sober.
4. Motorcyclists: NHTSA estimates that helmets saved the lives of 1,872 motorcyclists in 2017. Wear your DOT-compliant helmet and Get Up to Speed on Motorcycle Safety.
5. Motorist Tip: Motorcycles operate differently than other vehicles, and motorcyclists do not always use their brakes at the same times that cars do. Always keep an eye out for motorcycles.
6. A car has almost 40% of it covered by blind spots, which can make it more difficult to spot a small motorcycle. Stay alert!
7. Because of its small size, a motorcycle can be hard to see in traffic. Check for motorcycles.
8. In 2019, there were 5,014 motorcyclists killed in traffic crashes, a decrease from 2018 (5,038). Save a motorcyclist.
9. Those driving lanes are smaller than they seem. Share the road, but not the lane.
10. Motorist Tip: Signal your intentions before changing lanes or merging with traffic so that motorcyclists can anticipate your movement and find a safe lane position.
Get Up to Speed on Motorcycle Safety.