Several arts organizations nominated for People’s Choice Awards
Online voting open until Feb. 20
FREEHOLD, NJ – Monmouth County’s vibrant arts community is receiving statewide recognition as several theatres, museums, galleries, performing arts camps, towns and a film festival are among the nominees in the 12th annual JerseyArts.com People’s Choice Awards.
“Monmouth County is home to some of the best arts organizations around and it is wonderful to see them receive this much deserved recognition,” said Freeholder Director Thomas A. Arnone, liaison to the Monmouth County Division of Tourism. “As a staunch supporter of our arts community, I’m proud to help promote all of their outstanding events, exhibits and performances all year long.”
Contenders in the 2020 People’s Choice Awards were nominated by their peers through the Jersey Arts Marketers network, which is comprised of hundreds of arts groups across the state.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER SPONSORED CONTENT
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS ANIMAL HOSPITAL
We treat each of our patients as part of the family at Atlantic Highlands Animal Hospital. We offer top-quality surgical and dental treatments for cats and dogs. For the best pet care in the Atlantic Highlands, NJ, call us at (732) 291-4400. https://www.atlantichighlandsvet.com
In Monmouth County, the nominations include:
- Algonquin Arts Theatre: Small Performing Arts Center (fewer than 1,000 seats)
- Asbury Park, Downtown Arts District
- Count Basie Center for the Arts, Large Performing Arts Center (1,000 seats or more)
- Count Basie Center Performing Arts Academy, Performing Arts Camp
- Garden State Film Festival, Film Festival
- Monmouth Museum, Art Museum
- Monmouth University Center for the Arts Pollak Gallery, Art Gallery
- Monmouth University Center for the Arts Pollak Theatre, Small Performing Arts Center (fewer than 1,000 seats)
- New Jersey Repertory Company, Small Theatre (fewer than 300 seats)
- Red Bank, Downtown Arts District
- Two River Summer Theater Camp, Performing Arts Camp
- Two River Theater, Large Theatre to See a Musical (300 seats or more)
- Two River Theater, Large Theatre to See a Play (300 seats or more)
Online voting began Jan. 9 and runs through Feb. 20, 2020, at www.JerseyArts.com/Vote.
JerseyArts.com is the official website of Discover Jersey Arts, a co-sponsored project of the New Jersey State Council on the Arts and the ArtPride New Jersey Foundation dedicated to increasing the awareness of and participation in the arts in New Jersey.