UPDATE: 11:00 AM (7/23) Monmouth County Sheriff Shaun Golden reports that free ice and water are available at the following locations:
• ShopRite, Rt 36 & Rt 71, W Long Branch
• ShopRite, 2200 Rt 66, Neptune
• ShopRite, 2433 Rt 34, Manasquan
• ShopRite, 1801 Rt 35, Belmar
• Acme, 3241 Rt 9, Freehold
• Acme, 616 Newman Springs Rd., Lincroft
• Acme, 507 Prospect Ave, Little Silver
• Acme, 3505 Rt 9, Old Bridge
• Acme, 5 Ortley Plaza, Seaside Heights
• Foodtown, 2201 Sunset Ave., Ocean
• Foodtown, Route 35 Seagirt Avenue, Sea Girt
• Foodtown, 1562 route 35, Ocean
• Foodtown, 362 Broad St., Red Bank
• Foodtown, 9 Rt 36, Atlantic Highlands
• Foodtown, 426 Rt 36, Port Monmouth
UPDATE: As of 10:30 AM, Tuesday, July 23rd: 97,377 customers are without power. 33.8% of Monmouth County is affected
MONMOUTH COUNTY, NJ – A thunder storm with strong winds moved through the area in the early evening hours Monday, taking down trees and power line throughout the county.
At 10:30 PM , Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) reported 127,118 (44.12%) of its customers in the county are without power.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER SPONSORED CONTENT
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS ANIMAL HOSPITAL
The holiday season is approaching quickly, and many families are looking to board their pets while they travel. It’s the perfect time to update vaccinations before holiday travels begin. Call today to schedule an appointment. (732) 291-4400 https://www.atlantichighlandsvet.com
We want to remind everyone to stay away from down power lines.
Text OUT to 544487 or call 1-888-544-4877 to report outage to JCP&L
Call 911 in an emergency only.
Here is the current outage map from First Energy, the parent company of JCP&L: