PHOTO: Watercolor by Mike Scherfen
LINCROFT — The Monmouth County Park System is hosting its annual Creative Arts & Music Festival from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday, May 6 at Thompson Park, Newman Springs Road, Lincroft. This juried arts festival features specially selected artists’ works of pottery, photography, jewelry, paintings and other mediums. See artwork from:
- Arbee2Designs LLC
- B&C Ceramics
- Carolyn Roche Designs & Kate Grady Stained Glass
- Demetrius Fine Art & Co
- Dream Trader Jewelry
- Frank Parisi Photography
- Grace Modla Studios
- Green Boots Studio
- JMK Jewelry
- Kate Eggleston
- Lisa C. Budd
- Mary Leather & Katie Stone
- Mary’s Baskets
- MaryAnn Goodwin
- Mike Scherfen Watercolors
- Nell Ryan
- Petal & Stone
- Quon Design LLC
- Rainbow Art Glass
- Ranch House Studio
- Robert Edelhauser
- Robert Raia Photography
- Shiny Happy Dangles
- Shrewsbury River Copperworks
- Sun River Arts
- The Bumble Bead
- Tyler Nunnally-Duck Photography
- Vogler Photography
- Wells Leather
PHOTO: The EZ Jazz Trio
Besides the artwork, visitors will enjoy live music and art activities including demonstrations and a plein air painting competition. The performance schedule is as follows:
Theatre Barn Music
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER SPONSORED CONTENT
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS ANIMAL HOSPITAL
We treat each of our patients as part of the family at Atlantic Highlands Animal Hospital. We offer top-quality surgical and dental treatments for cats and dogs. For the best pet care in the Atlantic Highlands, NJ, call us at (732) 291-4400. https://www.atlantichighlandsvet.com
- David Vargo from 10 a.m -12 p.m.
- Kim Boyko from 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- The EZ Jazz Trio from 3-5 p.m.
- The Fairview Fix Youth Ensemble from 10-11:30 a.m.
- The East West Jazz Ensemble from 12-2 p.m.
- The Jose’ Loo Band from 3-5 p.m.
Activity Barn Music
- Peter Myers from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- George Wirth & Dan Toye from 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Joe Frame from 3-5 p.m.
The demonstration schedule is as follows:
- Eileen Kennedy from 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. in Studio 3
- Gerda Liebmann from 1-2:30 p.m. in Studio 3
- Kate Wilt *floor loom demonstration from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (Location TBD)
Local artists are invited to enter the plein air competition. Competitors are asked to bring a blank canvas to be marked at the registration booth between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Artists must bring their own supplies and can create any landscape scene from Thompson Park in any medium during the festival. The plein air competition is divided into two groups – adults and students (middle school through high school). Judged by New Jersey Plein Air Painter Anthony Migliaccio, each group will have a winner who receives a $50 gift certificate to Colorest. There is no charge for entering the competition.
Admission and parking for the festival are also free. For more information about the Creative Arts & Music Festival or the Monmouth County Park System, please visit www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or call 732-842-4000. For persons with hearing impairment, the Park System TTY/TDD number is 711. The Monmouth County Park System, created in 1960 by the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders, is Monmouth County’s Open Space, Parks, and Recreation agency.