Earth Day Activities Feature Beach Clean Up and Free Movie, Before the Flood
LINCROFT, NJ – Lincroft Presbyterian Church (LPC) (www.lincroftpc.org) has created a Lenten Labyrinth for its “Path Through the Wilderness” sermon series that culminates on Easter Sunday, April 16, 2017. The community is invited to walk the Labyrinth, located at 270 Everett Road at the corner of West Front Street in Lincroft Mondays through Thursdays, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm through April 16, 2017. Volunteers in the community are welcome to join LPC volunteers at Clean Ocean Action’s annual Earth Day beach cleanup on Saturday, April 22, 2017 and attend a free screening of Leonardo DiCaprio’s award-winning documentary, Before the Flood, on Sunday, April 23, 2017 from 7:00 to 9:30 pm.
“Unlike a maze, one cannot get lost in a labyrinth. As we walk the path, at times it seems we are nearing the center, when suddenly the path turns a corner and we end up on the far edges. It provides an allegory for the “wilderness” of life, with the Good News that Easter proclaims: no division, no sin, and not even death can take us out of God’s hands,” notes LPC Pastor Diane Ford.
Labyrinths have been found throughout history across many cultures. Today, labyrinths represent a way to quiet the mind, encourage contemplation and meditation, insight and self-reflection, and to find balance in life. They are used for stress reduction, as well as to discover innovation. The LPC labyrinth offers the opportunity to reflect and renew the spirit.
In addition to the Path Through the Wilderness” Lenten Labyrinth
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS ANIMAL HOSPITAL
The holiday season is approaching quickly, and many families are looking to board their pets while they travel. It’s the perfect time to update vaccinations before holiday travels begin. Call today to schedule an appointment. (732) 291-4400 https://www.atlantichighlandsvet.com
that is open to the community Mondays through Thursdays from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm through Maundy Thursday, April 13, 2017, LPC will offer the following April event and Earth Day-focused activities:
- Sunday, April 9, 10:00 am: Palm Sunday Worship – Process from LPC parking lot into the Narthex waving palms.
- Friday, April 14, 7:30 pm: Good Friday Tenebrae Service
- Sunday, April 16, 10:00 am: Easter Sunday Celebration
- Saturday, April 22, 9:00 am: Join us at Ideal Beach, Clean Ocean Action beach sweeps
- Sunday, April 23, 10:00 am: Earth Day-themed worship
- Sunday, April 23, 7:00 to 9:30 pm: Free family movie night screening of Before the Flood, the award-winning PG documentary about climate change with Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsese, followed by a discussion on actions we can take locally. Serving light refreshments.
Lincroft Presbyterian Church, a family-style congregation, offers a hands-on Children’s Sunday School program, Youth Group, weekly Adult Discussion, Women’s Bible Study & Weekend Retreat, a Men’s Group, an active choir and more. The church is located at the corner of Everett Corner and West Front Street in Lincroft. For more information, call 732.741.8921 or visit www.lincroftpc.org.