34 local artists recognized
Senior Art Show recognizes 34 artists – Photo caption – Freeholders Lillian G. Burry and John P. Curley congratulated the first place winners of the 2016 Senior art show on Wednesday, August 18 at the Monmouth County Library Headquarters in Manalapan. Pictured Left to right:
- Marion Dobrowolski / “ Horse’n Around” Third Place, Oil –Non-Professional
- Sharon ER “Sampan” Honorable Mention – Acrylic – Non –Professional
- Patty Ryan “Reminiscing” Third Place – Pastel – Non- Professional
- Tony Rustako “Teton Mountain Stream” First Place – Photography – Non – Professional
- Sonia Resnick “My Grandmother Sarah” Honorable Mention – Pastel- Non –Professional
- Linda Alberti “Jumping For Joy” Honorable Mention – Oil – Non Professional
- Freeholder Lillian Burry
- Rosa Lee McNair “Childhood” First place winner- Acrylic- Non Professional.
- Freeholder John Curley
- Yachi Pan “Shangrila” Third Place – Water Color-Non Professional
- Valerie Rigazio “Read me a Story” – Second place- Pastel- Non professional
- Ellen Silverman “Summer Strawberries” First Place – Oil – Non Professional
- Leonard Marzigliano “ Sweet Home” Watercolor –Non Professional
MANALAPAN, NJ – Winners of the 2016 Monmouth County Senior Art Contest & Exhibition were recognized at an artists’ Reception and Awards Ceremony on Aug. 17 at the Monmouth County Library Headquarters, Symmes Drive.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER SPONSORED CONTENT
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS ANIMAL HOSPITAL
We treat each of our patients as part of the family at Atlantic Highlands Animal Hospital. We offer top-quality surgical and dental treatments for cats and dogs. For the best pet care in the Atlantic Highlands, NJ, call us at (732) 291-4400. https://www.atlantichighlandsvet.com
Freeholder John P. Curley, liaison to the County’s Division on Aging, Disabilities, was on hand to recognize the artists.
“I am impressed with the diversity of talent demonstrated by our senior citizens,” Curley said. “It was an honor to meet and share their public recognition and marvel at the quality of their artwork.”
Winners in each of the seven categories received first-, second-, third-place and honorable-mention ribbons. Winning Best in Show were Bernadette Sabatini of Eatontown in the professional category for her photograph “Chincoteague,” and Rosa Lee McNair of Neptune in the nonprofessional category for her acrylic entitled “Childhood.” All other winners and categories are listed below.
“It is a privilege to be able to showcase our senior art at the County Library’s Manalapan location during the month of August,” Curley said. “These talented members of our community bring multiple forms of experience to their artwork.”
The artwork is on display until Aug. 30 at the Library Headquarters, 125 Symmes Dr. Photographs of the winning artwork also are posted on the Office on Aging webpage of the County’s website at www.visitmonmouth.com.
“The Headquarters of the Library System is an excellent location to display all these beautiful and inspiring pieces,” said Freeholder Lillian G. Burry. “Libraries are central to the community providing social, educational and recreational opportunities for all our residents. But today, our very talented senior citizens were the focus.”
First-place winners from each of the seven categories will be on display at the 50th annual New Jersey Senior Citizen Art Show, to be held at the Meadow Lakes community in East Windsor, NJ from Sept. 24 through Oct. 28.
“We wish all of the artists participating in the State show the best of luck,” said Curley. “Although only seven pieces will be on display, every piece that was entered into the Monmouth County Senior Art Contest is deemed a winner.”
This year, the County’s Office on Aging worked with SCAN (Social Community Activities Network) to coordinate the art show.
For information about the Division on Aging, Disabilities and its other event and activities, stop by the County’s office at 3000 Kozloski in Freehold or call 732-431-7450.