ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS, NJ – On Wednesday evening the Atlantic Highlands Fire Department and First Aid Squad were dispatched to the area of Sixth Ave and Ocean Blvd for a possible chimney fire.
First arriving units from the Police department discovered a residence with a large amount of smoke coming from a flu pipe on the roof and removed an occupant from the house at that time.
Arriving fire department units quickly contained the fire and limited the damage in the house to a smoke condition.
Assisting units from Community Fire Co. of Middletown Twsp and Highlands Fire Department were on scene.
The Fire Marshals Office reminds all residents to use all fire places as recommended by the manufacturer, have them inspected annually and to test their smoke detectors at least monthly.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER SPONSORED CONTENT
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS ANIMAL HOSPITAL
We treat each of our patients as part of the family at Atlantic Highlands Animal Hospital. We offer top-quality surgical and dental treatments for cats and dogs. For the best pet care in the Atlantic Highlands, NJ, call us at (732) 291-4400. https://www.atlantichighlandsvet.com