ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS, NJ –  On Saturday April 16, 2016 at approximately 2:13 the Atlantic Highlands Fire Department was dispatched to a South Avenue residence for a report of a smoke condition with an alarm activation.  Arriving fire and police units encountered a smoke condition inside the house with smoke alarms sounding.  After gaining entry, unattended cooking was discovered on the stove.  The situation was quickly resolved without injury or damage.   Working smoke detectors had alerted a passerby of the situation. 

The Atlantic Highlands Fire Marshal’s office reminds all residents to regularly check theur smoke detectors and change the batteries twice a year or as needed


AHHerald relies on advertising to support our operations.
When you click an affiliate link we may earn a commission.

Avatar of Allan Dean

Allan Dean

Allan Dean is editor, publisher, and founder of the Atlantic Highlands Herald. Published since 1999 and selected in 2000 by the Borough of Atlantic Highlands as one of their official newspapers, making...