ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS. NJ – The Atlantic Highlands volunteer fire department responded to a chimney fire at 108 East Washington Ave on Thanksgiving Eve, November 25th at approximately 7pm.
The fire was quickly extinguished by the fire department under the direction of Deputy Chief Patrick McGraner.
No injuries were reported, but the building did sustain substantial damage. In the spirit of the season, the occupants were able to relocate with other family members in town temporarily.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER SPONSORED CONTENT
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS ANIMAL HOSPITAL
The holiday season is approaching quickly, and many families are looking to board their pets while they travel. It’s the perfect time to update vaccinations before holiday travels begin. Call today to schedule an appointment. (732) 291-4400 https://www.atlantichighlandsvet.com
Assisting the fire department were the Highlands fire department, Community fire company of Middletown Twsp, Atlantic Highlands first aid, Highlands first aid and the Atlantic Highlands Police Department. Fire was investigated by the Atlantic Highlands Fire Marshal’s office and the Monmouth County Fire Marshal’s office.
All homeowners are reminded to have their fire places & chimneys inspected and maintained on a regular basis.