MIDDLETOWN, NJ – At 10:57 AM on Wednesday October 28, 2015, the Middletown Township Fire Department was dispatched to a furnace explosion at 437 Newman Springs Road, the Tomorrow’s Financial Services building in the Lincroft section of the Township. Approximately 45 firefighters from 3 companies of the Middletown Township Fire Department (Lincroft Fire Company, River Plaza Hose Company, Middletown Fire Company No.1) and mutual aid from the Red Bank Fire Department, under the command of Department Deputy Chief John Gorsegner responded to the scene.
The first arriving fire units encountered a report of an explosion and a heavy concentration of natural gas on all three floors off the structure. Several activities were in progress in simultaneously in the office building including securing all utilities and extensive ventilation, and a stretching hose line into the structure. The firefighters quickly ensured that everyone safely exited the building and proceeded to search for the source of the explosion and natural gas.
The firefighters discovered what appears to have been an explosion in the basement and the smell of gas. The damage seemed to be contained to the basement and first floor. There was minor smoke and explosion damage to other areas of the building. The firefighters used a series of fans to ventilate the natural gas from the structure.
Deputy Chief John Gorsegner declared the situation under control at 11:15 AM. The last units cleared the scene by 1:00 PM.
Assisting on the scene were the Middletown Township Fire Prevention. Emergency Medical Services were provided by Fair Haven First Aid Squad during the incident.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER SPONSORED CONTENT
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS ANIMAL HOSPITAL
The holiday season is approaching quickly, and many families are looking to board their pets while they travel. It’s the perfect time to update vaccinations before holiday travels begin. Call today to schedule an appointment. (732) 291-4400 https://www.atlantichighlandsvet.com
This event is currently under investigation by Middletown Township Fire Prevention. The building is shut down until structural reassessment, and the building is re-certified for occupancy
There were no reported injuries during the incident.