MIDDLETOWN, NJ – At 12:30 AM on Monday January 19th, 2015, the Middletown Township Fire Department was dispatched to a “structure fire at the Cigar Lounge in Campbell’s Junction” that was reported by Middletown Police officers on patrol in the Belford section of the Township. Approximately 60 firefighters from 4 companies of the Middletown Township Fire Department (Belford Independent, Belford Engine, Port Monmouth and Community Fire Companies), under the command of Department Chief Rick Hibell, responded to the scene.
Second Assistant Fire Ryan Clarke arrived and confirmed a working structure fire in a single story commercial structure at 900 Main Street. The building was unoccupied at the time. The firefighters deployed a 2 ½ inch hose line through the front door and attacked the fire. Crews cut holes in the roof to vent heat and toxic smoke from the structure. Community Fire Company stood by as a Rapid Intervention Crew (RIC) ready to provide assistance to firefighters that may become trapped or injured while performing interior firefighting duties. There was smoke and water damage throughout the building.
Chief Hibell declared the fire under control by 12:50 AM.
Assisting on the scene were the Middletown Township Fire Department’s Air Support and Fire Police units. Middletown EMS units stood by during the incident.
There were no reported injuries during the incident.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER SPONSORED CONTENT
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS ANIMAL HOSPITAL
We treat each of our patients as part of the family at Atlantic Highlands Animal Hospital. We offer top-quality surgical and dental treatments for cats and dogs. For the best pet care in the Atlantic Highlands, NJ, call us at (732) 291-4400. https://www.atlantichighlandsvet.com
The fire is being investigated by the Middletown Township Fire Prevention office.
Pictures Courtesy of MTFD Photographer Laurie Kegley can be downloaded at: http://1drv.ms/1uj5WkG .