KEANSBURG, NJ – St. Mark’s Soup Kitchen has been renamed St. Mark’s Center for Community Renewal. The name of the feeding ministry has changed to reflect the reorganization and rebirth of the outreach efforts at St. Mark’s Church in Keansburg. Here’s what is happening now at St. Mark’s:
- Continental breakfast is served Monday through Friday from 10:30 –11:30 AM.
- Hot meals are served seven days per week from noon to 2 p.m. Guests may stay until 3 p.m. to socialize or meet with counselors.
- Pantry services are offered two days and one evening per week: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM, and Wednesday evenings from 6PM-7PM.
- Crisis counseling is offered four days per week, with trained professionals funded through Project Hope and Healing.
- A nurse from VNA is on site weekly to answer health questions and provide screenings.
- Coming soon: Bayshore Wellness Center, a free family crisis counseling service, will make its home in the office of St. Mark’s Church.
Please note, The Kitchen at St. Mark’s, a 501-C3 organization previously housed in the parish hall of St. Mark’s Church, is now located elsewhere. They have retained their previous phone number and name, but have no affiliation with St. Mark’s Church.
St. Mark’s Church and St. Mark’s Center for Community Renewal are located at 247 Carr Avenue in Keansburg. The phone number for both St. Mark’s Church and the Community Center is 732/787-1075. Find out more about St. Mark’s Church and the Center for Community Renewal by visiting their website at http://stmarkskeansburg.org. For additional information about the Center, please email the coordinator, Harvey Cottrell, at [email protected]
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS ANIMAL HOSPITAL
The holiday season is approaching quickly, and many families are looking to board their pets while they travel. It’s the perfect time to update vaccinations before holiday travels begin. Call today to schedule an appointment. (732) 291-4400 https://www.atlantichighlandsvet.com