ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS, NJ – Chief Jerry Vasto is pleased to announce that Patrolman Brian Phair has recently completed training to become a Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician. The National Child Passenger Safety Certification Program was held at Jersey Shore Medical Center, April 4 through 7.
Chief Vasto advises Atlantic Highlands residents will be able to schedule an appointment with Patrolman Phair and that he will be able to review car seat selection appropriate for your child’s age, size, and review factors affecting proper use; review the car seat instructions and the vehicle owners manual with the caregiver to ensure that both are being followed correctly; ensure that an appropriate seating position is being used, especially when using LATCH; check the car seat for recalls, visible damage and an expiration date; have you install the car seat(s) correctly using either the seat belt or LATCH system; discuss the next steps for each child, such as when to move to the next type of car seat; discuss the benefits of everyone riding properly restrained, including all adults; discuss safety in and around the vehicle; and discuss our state laws and best practice recommendations for occupant safety.
Residents should prepare for an education when meeting with Patrolman Phair.
- ·If expecting, schedule an appointment 1-2 months prior to mom’s due date.
- ·If your child is already born, know your child’s weight and height.
- ·If your child is already born, bring your child with you. If possible, also bring another adult to help watch your child while you are learning.
- ·Using the child car seat instructions, install the seat into your vehicle prior to the appointment.
- ·Look up child safety seats in your vehicle owner’s manual. You will learn how a child’s car seat should be installed in YOUR car. The car seat manual may not reference the requirements specific to your vehicle.
- ·Bring car seat instructions and the owner’s manual with you to your appointment.
- ·Be prepared to learn, not just watch Patrolman Phair install the car seat. He is trained to teach you, not install the seat for you.
Chief Vasto advises this one on one education typically takes 20-30 minutes, depending on the car seat and the vehicle. Residents are asked to schedule an appointment with Patrolman Phair by phoning 732-291-1212 and leaving a message. He will return all phone calls.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER SPONSORED CONTENT
ATLANTIC HIGHLANDS ANIMAL HOSPITAL
We treat each of our patients as part of the family at Atlantic Highlands Animal Hospital. We offer top-quality surgical and dental treatments for cats and dogs. For the best pet care in the Atlantic Highlands, NJ, call us at (732) 291-4400. https://www.atlantichighlandsvet.com