PHOTO: James Gregg (holding certificate), an educator at Henry Hudson Regional School accepts the Classroom Award for his students in the video category.
Newark, NJ – The Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey, in collaboration with the New Jersey Department of Health, today announced the winners for the third annual Protect Me With 3+ adolescent immunization awareness video and poster contest. The winning entries can be viewed at http://protectmewith3.com.
PHOTO: Emily Churak, (holding certificate), a student at Henry Hudson Regional School is the Second Place winner in the video category.
Video Contest Winners:
- 1st place: Timothy Smith, Samantha Tracy and Liam Keller from Cherokee High School located in Marlton, New Jersey (Burlington County, Flu).
- 2nd place: Emily Churak from Henry Hudson Regional located in Highlands, New Jersey (Monmouth County, Flu).
- 3rd place: Gavriel Epstein from Torah Academy of Bergen County located in Teaneck, New Jersey (Bergen County, Tdap).
Poster Contest Winners:
- 1st place: Nayeon Park from George Washington Middle School located in Ridgewood, New Jersey (Bergen County, Tdap).
- 2nd place: Virendra Ghate from Terrill Middle School located in Scotch Plains, New Jersey (Union County, Flu).
- 3rd place: Sophia Iacona, Margot Rizzi and Paris Mercurio from Terrill Middle School located in Scotch Plains, New Jersey (Union County, MCV4).
- Poster: Patricia Selby from Terrill Middle School located in Scotch Plains, New Jersey (Union County).
- Video: James Gregg from Henry Hudson Regional located in Highlands, New Jersey (Monmouth County).
The top three winners in the poster and video categories received prizes and the opportunity for their submissions to be distributed during statewide immunization awareness activities.
In its third year, the Protect Me With 3+ contest increases awareness about the importance of four adolescent immunizations: tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap), human papillomavirus (HPV), meningococcal conjugate (MCV4) and influenza.
“The Protect Me With 3+ contest offers a unique opportunity for New Jersey residents to learn about the importance of adolescent vaccinations. We are very happy with this year’s winners, as their efforts have helped to raise public health awareness,” commented Ilise Zimmerman, Executive Director, of Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey.
The poster contest was open to New Jersey students in grades 5-8, while students in grades 9-12 were eligible to participate in the video contest. The public voted for their favorite entries from January 24, 2015 through February 8, 2015.
Finalists in each category were also honored at the awards ceremony held at the West Windsor Public Library on February 12, 2015. The two video finalists were group entries by Ian McBride and Dominic Capasso, and Adam Danzger, Dana Tsipenyuk, Avital Rubinchik and Julia Pak. The two poster finalists were group entries by Justin Rizzi and Rachel Schuman, and Julia Zucosky, Colette Franciscus, Zoe Rouder and Carly Dvorin.