MIDDLETOWN, NJ – Some residents who added a new road to their Christmas list may be getting their wish this holiday season. The Township Committee has agreed to make necessary improvements to:
- Kelly Street from Reilly Street to terminus,
- Reilly Street from Main Street to terminus,
- Park Avenue from Garnsey Place to Campbell Avenue,
- Kings Highway East from Heritage Drive to Windy Hill Lane, and
- portions of Church Lane, Holland Road and Kanes Lane.
Construction is slated to begin in Spring 2011 under a contract awarded to Defino Contracting, Inc, Cliffwood Beach. Road improvements can include milling, paving, drainage work and curbing. In the meantime, residents living along these roadways may see utility markings, site clearing and other non-weather dependent work being conducted, said Township Public Works Director Ted E. Maloney.
Another set of projects has been moved to the drawing board. The Township Committee has authorized funding for the design work needed to improve:
- Pine Street from Swimming River Road to Hickory Lane in Lincroft,
- Virburnum Terrace, located in Lincroft,
- Ontario and Raritan Avenues, located in Hilton Park,
- Cooper Road from Browns Dock Road to Bowne Road,
- Kings Highway East from Windy Hill to Portland Road,
- sections of Browns Dock, Red Hill, East, Marlpit Place, Twin Brooks and West Nutswamp roads, and
- drainage along Van Kirk, Garfield, Fairfield, Summit and Fairview avenues, Jean Terrace, and Reta Drive.
Design work can include preparing plans and job specifications, survey work and coordination with utilities. Projects are selected based on need as well as recommendations from the Township Public Works Director, who also serves as township engineer, and Roads Division Supervisors, said Township Administrator Anthony Mercantante.