MIDDLETOWN, NJ - The primary goal of Lion Hall of Fame is to perpetuate the tradition of athletics in Middletown Township. To meet that aim we are seeking nominations to the Athletic Hall of Fame for graduates of either Leonardo HS, Middletown Township HS or Middletown High School North. A Lion Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony has been scheduled for Friday, October 29th at the high school.
In order for a nominee to be considered, please e-mail as much information as possible to LionHallofFame@aol.com. Be sure to include the individual's full name, year of graduation, complete mailing address, telephone number(s) and e-mail address(es). The LHOF committee will reach out to the nominee for the purpose of gathering biographical data.
1. Nominations will be accepted for any athlete, coach, administrator or contributor who
through his/her commitment, sacrifice, and dedication to the athletic program and for bringing pride and distinction to our school and community in their years after graduation. Individual teams may also be considered for induction.
2. Eligibility for the nomination of a former athlete include having earned at least one varsity letter and have graduated at least 10 years ago. Championship teams must also been at least 10 years ago.
The following criteria will be used for evaluation of nominees:
1. The nominee’s degree of recognition as a High School athlete, coach, or administrator.
2. The significance or stature of the nominee’s accomplishments as a former Lion athlete. Coach or Team as determined by statistical records or the number and stature of the awards received.
3. Distinctive or unique accomplishments which attracted public attention or acclaim
to the nominee or their school.
4. The athlete’s success or prominence in life, including his/her professional career, stature in the community, military service and service to the school district and the athletic program.