RED BANK – The sidewalks of Red Bank will be alive with music and entertainment on Saturday nights throughout the summer as Red Bank RiverCenter presents, ‘StreetLife.’ Residents, visitors, and businesses alike look forward to the free summer performances of the StreetLife program; now in its tenth year.
On every Saturday night, June 5th through August 28th (no StreetLife July 3rd) StreetLife will take place in front of various businesses from Broad Street to the Red Bank Train Station and throughout the entire Red Bank business district. “We receive such great feedback regarding the StreetLife program and are proud to be able to continue it this summer in Red Bank,” remarks Red Bank RiverCenter Executive Director, Nancy Adams. RiverCenter will also be presenting family entertainment during this year’s 56th Annual Red Bank Sidewalk Sale: ‘Shop, Rock and Stroll!’ Along with the free entertainment including musicians and family entertainers, there will be Sidewalk Sale restaurant specials too!
StreetLife is partially funded by a grant awarded to RiverCenter by Monmouth County Arts Council (MCAC.) Funk & Standard Variety Store, 40 Broad Street and the Count Basie Theatre, 99 Monmouth Street are also contributing sponsors for ’StreetLife’. Adams says, “StreetLife is primarily brought to you by the business and property owners of our beautiful business district, and we also greatly appreciate the ongoing support of Funk & Standard and The Count Basie Theatre, without them, and MCAC, this program would not be possible.”
Except for the evening of KaBoom! Fireworks on July 3rd, every Saturday night from June 5 through August 28, acts will be performing throughout the business district from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The June performer schedule is as follows**:
Saturday, June 5th** - STREETLIFE KICKOFF NIGHT
- Cool Blues Duo– River’s Edge Café, 35 Broad Street
- Familiar Faces – Dublin House, 30 Monmouth Street
- Gary Wright and Stringbean – Ten Thousand Villages, 69 Broad Street
- Ed Bowlby – Rare Breed Shoes, 16 White Street
- The al wright Unit – Red Ginger Home, 65 Monmouth Street
Saturday, June 12th**
- Chip Robertson – River’s Edge Café, 35 Broad Street
- The Wag – Dublin House, 30 Monmouth Street
- Murphy’s 6 String – Ten Thousand Villages, 69 Broad Street
- Jenny Woods –Rare Breed Shoes, 16 White Street
- Laura Paganucci - Red Ginger Home, 65 Monmouth Street
Saturday June 19th**
- Don Lee – River’s Edge Café, 35 Broad Street
- The Wannabes – Dublin House, 30 Monmouth Street
- Cat – Ten Thousand Villages, 69 Broad Street
- Brian Breen - Red Ginger Home, 65 Monmouth Street
Saturday, June 26th**
- Paul Pugliese – River’s Edge Café, 35 Broad Street
- Shore Fire Cloggers – Dublin House, 30 Monmouth Street
- Jo Wymer – Ten Thousand Villages, 69 Broad Street
- Gina Blechman – Rare Breed Shoes, 16 White Street
- Zeke Moffit - Red Ginger Home, 65 Monmouth Street
**Acts and locations are subject to change and performances take place rain or shine. Call the RiverCenter office for updates: (732) 842-4244 or visit www.redbankrivercenter.org/streetlife for a complete StreetLife schedule.
Red Bank RiverCenter is a not-for-profit alliance of downtown businesses, property owners, and residents working toward the economic vitality of downtown Red Bank.