VOORHEES, NJ – New Jersey American Water is awarding more than $20,000 in grants to 22 volunteer emergency first responder units in its service areas throughout the state in recognition of their dedicated service to New Jersey residents and the greater community. A committee of 23 New Jersey American Water employees who are all active volunteer firefighters or emergency medical responders themselves reviewed dozens of applications for this year’s Emergency Responders Grant Program.
The organizations listed below will receive grants for equipment needs specified in their applications:
- Bayview Volunteer Fire Department, Galloway, N.J.
- Chatham Emergency Squad, Chatham, N.J.
- City of Long Branch – Volunteer Fire Police, Long Branch, N.J.
- Community Fire Company, Leonardo, N.J.
- Fanwood Rescue Squad, Fanwood, N.J.
- Garwood Fire Department, Garwood, N.J.
- Good Will Fire Co. #1, Belvidere, N.J.
- Green Knoll Rescue Squad, Bridgewater, N.J.
- Hazlet First Aid and Rescue Squad, Hazlet, N.J.
- Hope Hose Co. 2, Beverly, N.J.
- Kenilworth Volunteer Fire Department, Kenilworth, N.J.
- Linwood Volunteer Fire Company, Linwood, N.J.
- Little Falls Fire Department, Little Falls, N.J.
- Long Hill First Aid Squad, Gillette, N.J.
- Lumberton Fire Co. #1, Lumberton, N.J.
- Middlesex Fire Department, Middlesex, N.J.
- New Providence Fire Department, New Providence, N.J.
- Ocean Grove Fire Department, Ocean Grove, N.J.
- Scullville Volunteer Fire Department, Egg Harbor Township, N.J.
- Washington Fire Department, Washington, N.J.
- Watchung Chemical Engine Co. , Watchung, N.J.
- Wayside Fire Co., Tinton Falls, N.J.
“The bravery exhibited by the men and women who serve as volunteer firefighters and emergency responders is inspiring,” said Denise Venuti Free, New Jersey American Water’s director of communications and external affairs. “Our grant program helps these first responder units obtain vital equipment needed to effectively safeguard those living and working in communities within our service territory. We are proud to support these everyday heroes and recognize their commitment to the service and protection of New Jersey residents.”
New Jersey American Water, a subsidiary of American Water, is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.7 million people. More information can be found at www.newjerseyamwater.com. With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. The company employs 6,800 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.