PHOTO: Watercolor by Mike Scherfen
LINCROFT — The Monmouth County Park System is hosting its annual Creative Arts & Music Festival from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday, May 6 at Thompson Park, Newman Springs Road, Lincroft. This juried arts festival features specially selected artists’ works of pottery, photography, jewelry, paintings and other mediums. See artwork from:
- Arbee2Designs LLC
- B&C Ceramics
- Carolyn Roche Designs & Kate Grady Stained Glass
- Demetrius Fine Art & Co
- Dream Trader Jewelry
- Frank Parisi Photography
- Grace Modla Studios
- Green Boots Studio
- JMK Jewelry
- Kate Eggleston
- Lisa C. Budd
- Mary Leather & Katie Stone
- Mary’s Baskets
- MaryAnn Goodwin
- Mike Scherfen Watercolors
- Nell Ryan
- Petal & Stone
- Quon Design LLC
- Rainbow Art Glass
- Ranch House Studio
- Robert Edelhauser
- Robert Raia Photography
- Shiny Happy Dangles
- Shrewsbury River Copperworks
- Sun River Arts
- The Bumble Bead
- Tyler Nunnally-Duck Photography
- Vogler Photography
- Wells Leather
PHOTO: The EZ Jazz Trio
Besides the artwork, visitors will enjoy live music and art activities including demonstrations and a plein air painting competition. The performance schedule is as follows:
Theatre Barn Music
- David Vargo from 10 a.m -12 p.m.
- Kim Boyko from 12:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- The EZ Jazz Trio from 3-5 p.m.
- The Fairview Fix Youth Ensemble from 10-11:30 a.m.
- The East West Jazz Ensemble from 12-2 p.m.
- The Jose’ Loo Band from 3-5 p.m.
Activity Barn Music
- Peter Myers from 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
- George Wirth & Dan Toye from 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Joe Frame from 3-5 p.m.
The demonstration schedule is as follows:
- Eileen Kennedy from 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. in Studio 3
- Gerda Liebmann from 1-2:30 p.m. in Studio 3
- Kate Wilt *floor loom demonstration from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (Location TBD)
Local artists are invited to enter the plein air competition. Competitors are asked to bring a blank canvas to be marked at the registration booth between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Artists must bring their own supplies and can create any landscape scene from Thompson Park in any medium during the festival. The plein air competition is divided into two groups - adults and students (middle school through high school). Judged by New Jersey Plein Air Painter Anthony Migliaccio, each group will have a winner who receives a $50 gift certificate to Colorest. There is no charge for entering the competition.
Admission and parking for the festival are also free. For more information about the Creative Arts & Music Festival or the Monmouth County Park System, please visit www.MonmouthCountyParks.com or call 732-842-4000. For persons with hearing impairment, the Park System TTY/TDD number is 711. The Monmouth County Park System, created in 1960 by the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders, is Monmouth County’s Open Space, Parks, and Recreation agency.