Red Bank RiverCenter presents LunchMusic and StreetLife Summer Performing Artist Series
RED BANK, NJ – The parks and sidewalks of Red Bank will be alive with music and entertainment as Red Bank’s summer music schedules rolls out beginning Wednesday, June 1st. Red Bank RiverCenter promises to have a fun and lively line-up of musical entertainment and performances every Wednesday in June and every Saturday evening this summer.
Beginning June 1st, music lovers, office workers, childcare givers, moms, dads and just about anyone who needs a break on “hump day” are invited to Red Bank’s Riverside Gardens Park on West Front Street in downtown Red Bank to enjoy FREE lunchtime concerts every Wednesday in June from Noon to 2pm.
We are proud to announce FREE fitness classes at lunchtime as well! Red Bank’s own Power Center and Dancing Foot Yoga will be joining LunchMusic! Power Center will be offering a free class from 12pm to 1pm called East West CHI-Camp class taught by John Nies. Dancing Foot Yoga will be offering an Introduction to Yoga class from 1pm to 2pm. Please bring your own mat and towel!
In addition, many Red Bank restaurants and eateries will be advertising delicious lunch specials packed “to go” so they can easily be taken down to the park! Take advantage of the wonderful views of the river while you enjoy some delicious food or just to take a break and soak up some sun along with the cool vibes of Lunch Music.
Schedule as follows:
June 1st – Andreach-Chrepta Jazz Duo
June 8 – Pam McCoy & Familiar Faces
June 15 – Cool Blues Duos
June 22 – Tor Miller Band
June 29 – Sibling Rivalry
On every Saturday night, June 4th through August 27th StreetLife will take place in front of various businesses from Broad Street to the Red Bank Train Station and throughout the entire Red Bank business district. “We receive such great feedback regarding the StreetLife program and are proud to be able to continue it this summer in Red Bank,” remarks Red Bank RiverCenter Executive Director, Nancy Adams. RiverCenter will also be presenting family entertainment again during this year’s 57th Annual Red Bank Sidewalk Sale: ‘Shop, Rock and Stroll!’ Along with the free entertainment including musicians and family entertainers, there will be Sidewalk Sale restaurant specials too!
Each Saturday night through August 27, with some additional dates/times included, acts will be performing throughout the business district from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The June performer schedule is as follows**:
Saturday, June 4th** - STREETLIFE KICKOFF NIGHT
- al wright unit – Surf Taco, 35 Broad Street
- Joey Blue & The Deal – Dublin House, 30 Monmouth Street
- Ed Bowlby – Jonathan Salon, 93 Broad Street
- Phred Morris – Red Bank Chocolate Shoppe, 17 White Street
- Sherri Pie – Danny’s Grill & Wine Bar, 11 Bridge Ave.
Saturday, June 11th**
- Swampgrass Jug-Band – Dublin House, 30 Monmouth Street
- Dan & Riley – Surf Taco, 35 Broad Street
- Noah Rauchwerk – Teak, 64 Monmouth Street
- Heart of New Jersey Chorus – Strolling Downtown
- The Angel Tones – Danny’s Grill & Wine Bar, 11 Bridge Ave.
Saturday, June 18th** -
- Avery Mandeville – Surf Taco, 35 Broad Street
- The Wag – Dublin House, 30 Monmouth Street
- we are.– Jonathan Salon, 93 Broad Street
- James Dunigan – Red Bank Chocolate Shoppe, 17 White Street
- Astronaut Jones – Danny’s Grill & Wine Bar, 11 Bridge Ave.
Saturday, June 25th** -
- Men in Gray Suits – Surf Taco, 35 Broad Street
- Clan Suibhne – Dublin House, 30 Monmouth Street
- Standard Jazz Duet– Jonathan Salon, 93 Broad Street
- Jeanne Westendorf – Teak, 64 Monmouth Street
- Kati Beddow Brower – Danny’s Grill & Wine Bar, 11 Bridge Ave.
Community partners make LunchMusic and StreetLife possible through sponsorships and grants. Red Bank RiverCenter would like to thank Asbury Park Press for their LunchMusic sponsorship. Funk & Standard Variety Store, 40 Broad Street and the Count Basie Theatre, 99 Monmouth Street are also contributing sponsors for the event. RiverCenter was also awarded a 2010 grant, for the program, by Monmouth County Arts Council. Adams says, “We greatly appreciate the ongoing support of all of our sponsors. Without them, this program would not be possible.”
In addition, we are happy to announce that RiverFest is back for 2011! This award winning food, music and family festival will be June 3, 4 and 5 in Marine Park. Sponsored by the Eastern Monmouth Area Chamber of Commerce (EMACC). For musical line up and list of restaurants, please visit www.redbankriverfest.org
**Acts and locations are subject to change and performances take place rain or shine. Call the RiverCenter office for updates: (732) 842-4244 or visit www.onlyoneredbank.com for a complete schedule of 2011 events.
Red Bank RiverCenter is a not-for-profit alliance of downtown businesses, property owners, and residents working toward the economic vitality of downtown Red Bank.