Bevo Water Changing How the World Drinks Water

Water packaged in 100% recycled paper reducing the harmful effects of plastic bottles on the body and environment.

WEST LONG BRANCH, NJ  - Monmouth University entrepreneurship students are developing an environmentally friendly solution to on–the–go water consumption while increasing environmental sustainability.  The students have started the business Bevo Water which will provide water packaged in 100% recycled paper.

“This can be revolutionary. We want to change the way the world drinks water,” stated CEO of Bevo Water and Monmouth University student Mychal Mills.

Currently most people consume water out of plastic water bottles.  However, plastic water bottles contain Bisphenol A or BPA. This is an industrial chemical found in polycarbonate plastic that can leach from plastic containers into the product being contained. BPA is an estrogen – like compound that can cause serious health problems when it dissolves into the water including prostate and breast cancer, obesity, attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder, brain damage, altered immune system, lowered sperm counts, and early puberty.

A large majority of plastic not being recycled is ending up in our oceans and eventually washing up on beaches worldwide.  This creates a great danger to the wild life in our environment. When the plastic breaks down and leaks toxic chemicals such as Bisphenol A into the sea it has been shown to interfere with the reproductive systems of animals. There is also concern with animals mistaking plastic for food or becoming entangled in floating plastic.

In the United States alone, consumers generate around four billion pounds of plastic bottle waste every year, of which 20% is recycled.  The remaining 80% is dumped into landfills, where it takes more than 1,000 years to decompose while simultaneously causing irreparable damage to our environment.

The vision of Bevo Water is to provide consumers with a sustainable water bottle made out of paper that will change the way people drink water.

Bevo Water will be available for purchase online at www.bevowater.com in the near future.

For further information contact Monmouth University student Jenny Ashmawy at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or Professor John Buzza at 732–263–5575 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..