LEONARDO, NJ - Our organization was founded in 1910, and our original logo (above) was created as a symbol of the New Jersey Blind Men’s Association – our former name. Now the New Jersey Blind Citizens Association (NJBCA), we are celebrating 100 years of service to the blind and visually impaired in 2010, and we need your help to update our logo design! The New Jersey Blind Citizens Association is holding a contest to help determine an updated design of the logo above; one that will better represent NJBCA for the next 100 years.
2. By entering your design into this contest, you warranty that the design is an original idea by you. Further, you agree that NJBCA will own the rights to the design submitted.
3. Please do not send original artwork (you may wish to email your submission or send a clear color photocopy or reproduction of the design). Submitted designs will not be returned.
4. New Jersey Blind Citizens Association hopes that this contest will result in an updated organizational logo, however, we cannot guarantee that a design submitted through this contest will be chosen as our new logo. The winning design will be decided upon by our panel of judges, the NJBCA Board of Trustees, as our new logo.
5. Designs should somehow incorporate our theme of a KEY, the state of NJ, and the NAME OF OUR ORGANIZATION in some way. The designer may choose to include the name “New Jersey Blind Citizens Association, Inc.,” “NJ Blind Citizens Assoc., Inc.,” “NJBCA,” or a similar variation.
6. In exchange for donating the rights to your design, in the event your design is chosen, you will be recognized by NJBCA for your efforts. NJBCA reserves the right to use all or any part of a submission entered through this contest or independent of the contest.
7. REMEMBER: Successful logos are simple, distinctive, and easily recognized!
8. The winner(s) will be notified by Friday, January 14, 2010.
Thank you for your participation in the NJBCA Logo Contest!