Photo: Attendees enjoying last year’s Daffodils and Daiquiris event at MCHA’s Taylor-Butler House

MIDDLETOWN – Monmouth County Historical Association is hosting their annual Daffodils and Daiquiris open House at the Taylor-Butler House located at 127 Kings Highway on Friday, May 5 from 6:00 p.m. top 8:00 p.m.

Currently on view at this historic house museum are oil paintings from our collection dating from the 1800’s throughout the house. Come enjoy drinks and lite fare and see the Taylor-Butler House before it opens to the public for the open season on Saturday at Weekend in Old Monmouth.

MCHA President Linda W. Bricker states that “this is a wonderful opportunity for the public to view our collection and this remarkable historic house museum before we officially open to public. Come join us at this popular event to kick off are open season.”

Taylor-Butler House is an elegant Victorian mansion situated on five wooded acres within the beautiful Middletown Village Historic District and was built in 1853 by Joseph Dorset Taylor and his bride, Mary Holmes Taylor. The house reflected the wealth and status that they had acquired in New York’s China trade, as well as their pride as descendants of one of Monmouth County’s oldest families.

The event is open to the public at no charge.

Monmouth County Historical Association, a private non-profit organization that has been working to preserve history and provide educational opportunities since its founding in 1898 comprises a Museum, Archives, Research Library in Freehold and Five Historic House Museums located around the county. The Museum and Research Library is located at 70 Court Street in Freehold. Museum hours are: Tuesdays - Saturdays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Research Library hours are: Wednesdays –Saturdays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Five Historic House Museums around the County are open seasonally. For further information about the Association, please call (732) 462-1466 or visit the web site at www.monmouthhistory.org.

Monmouth County Historical Association received an operating support grant from the New Jersey Historical Commission, a division of the Department of State.