Below are just a few of the concerns that threaten our planet with recent presidential and administrative changes in environmental laws and rules that will threaten the welfare of future generations.
The Trump administration has:
• proposed to reduce EPA’s budget by 30%. For example, it would cut funding for important programs such as Great Lakes Restoration, Brownfields Cleanup, and Climate Protection.
• stated that CO2 is not a primary contributor to global warming.
• authorized the Dakota Access Pipeline.
• issued a permit to build the Keystone XL pipeline. This pipeline will make it cheaper to pump more CO2 stored in the Earth into the atmosphere.
The Trump administration is in the process of:
• of undoing rules on automobile tailpipe emissions.
• doing away with The Clean Power Plan, a regulation to restrict emissions from power plants.
• backing out of the Paris Climate Agreement.
• reversing a stream protection regulation put in place by the Obama administration which limits dumping of coal mine waste into streams.
These are just a few of the changes that have and may take effect under the current administration along with others coming down the pike. There is power in numbers and this is why we urge you to join the march and have your voice heard. The more we can bus down to DC the more news coverage will take place about these changes in EPA policies. Time is of the essence and NOW is our time to continue to SAVE OUR PLANET!
Here are the details for the march:
• The bus will leave from the UUCMC’s parking lot at 1475 W. Front Street in Lincroft. Cost for the trip is $40.00 roundtrip (scholarships available)
• Tickets and detailed information is now available on Eventbrite. The website is https://www.eventbrite.com/e/join-the-nj-sierra-club-from-lincroft-to-dc-for-the-peoples-climate-march-tickets-32934717627?aff=ehomecard
• Can’t go to DC? Find sister marches at https://peoplesclimate.org/sister-marches/
Contact Person: Stephen Knowlton, 732- 747-7011; email@example.com