New York, NY - With National Doctor’s Day around the corner, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2017's Best & Worst States for Doctors.
To identify the best states for those in the business of saving lives, WalletHub’s analysts compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 14 key metrics. The data set ranges from average annual wage of physicians to hospitals per capita to quality of public hospital system.
Practicing in New Jersey (1=Best, 25=Avg.):
- 41st – Avg. Annual Wage of Physicians (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 44th – Avg. Monthly Starting Salary of Physicians (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 47th – Hospitals per Capita
- 27th – Insured Population Rate
- 29th – Projected % of Population Aged 65 & Older by 2030
- 40th – Projected Number of Physicians per Capita by 2024
- 50th – Malpractice Award Payout Amount per Capita
- 32nd – Annual Malpractice Liability Insurance Rate
For the full report, please visit: