MIDDLETOWN — Take some time to stop and smell the roses at the Jersey Shore Rose Society’s (JSRS) 45th Annual Rose Show on Saturday, September 17 at Deep Cut Gardens, Middletown. Watch as roses are prepared for exhibition from 8-10 a.m.; entries will remain on exhibit from 12:30-3:30 p.m. after judging is complete. Visitors are invited to view locally grown roses and consult visiting JSRS Rosarians on rose selection and care. Free garden tours will be offered.
JSRS Rose Show “Fun Facts”
· All entries are locally grown by amateurs.
· Rose shows are a prime opportunity to view both old and new varieties of roses.
· The show is an official function of the American Rose Society, with certified ARS Horticultural and Arrangement judges.
· The show consists of horticultural, arrangement, and photography sections.
· This is the final rose show of the year for exhibitors in the area.
The Jersey Shore Rose Society Rose Show is a free event. Admission and parking to Deep Cut Gardens are also free. Deep Cut Gardens is part of the Monmouth County Park System and features 54 acres of gardens and greenhouses. It is open year round. For more information on the Monmouth County Park System, please visit www.monmouthcountyparks.com or call 732-842-4000, ext. 4312. For persons with hearing impairment, the TTY/TDD number is 711. The Monmouth County Park System, created in 1960 by the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders, is Monmouth County’s Open Space, Parks, and Recreation agency.