WalletHub today released its annual St. Patrick’s Day By The Numbers report as a follow up to its recent look at the Best & Worst Cities to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in 2016. This report highlights the green germane to this costly celebration – from the $4.4 billion that we’ll spend on St. Paddy’s Day 2016 to the $1.2 million market value of a pot of gold.
Other highlights include:
- $35.4: Average amount each St. Patrick’s partier will spend
- 13M: Pints of Guinness will be consumed worldwide on St. Patrick’s Day.
- 70%: Increase in cabbage shipments during St. Patrick’s week.
- 266: Drunk-driving casualties on St. Patrick’s Day holiday period (2010 - 2014).
- $62,141: Median income for Irish-American households (vs. $53,657 for all households).