FREEHOLD, NJ –Monmouth County has announced its spring 2016 Backyard Composting schedule for Monmouth County residents.
You will know the how-to’s of reducing your yard and household waste and improving your soil after an informative 45-minute presentation on one of these four dates:
• Saturday, March 19 at 10 a.m. – Little Silver Women’s Club, 111 Church St.
• Sunday, April 17 at 10 a.m. – Middletown, Deep Cut Gardens, 352 Red Hill Rd.
• Thursday, May 12 at 7 p.m. – Manasquan Recreation Annex, 67 Atlantic Ave.
• Saturday, May 21 at 10 a.m. – Middletown, Deep Cut Gardens, 352 Red Hill Rd.
The workshops are free, but advance registration is required. To reserve one of the limited seats, call 732-683-8686, ext. 6721 or download the registration form from the recycling section of the County Reclamation Center’s webpage at www.visitmonmouth.com.
“Many residents want to do their part in preserving the environment, yet they struggle with how to reduce household waste,” said Freeholder Deputy Director Serena DiMaso, liaison to the County’s Reclamation Center. “The Backyard Composting program is helpful for those residents who are seeking guidance and provides not only direction, but also the opportunity to purchase a bin for composting at home.”
Participants may purchase an Earth Machine backyard composting bin at the session for $35. Payment must be by a check made payable to “Monmouth County Grant Fund.”
If you already compost and would like to purchase an Earth Machine backyard compost bin, you may do so for $35 at one of the five towns that have partnered with the County to expand composting opportunities for residents:
• Spring Lake Heights DPW, 555 Atlantic Ave., 732-449-6983
• Ocean Township, 240 Whale Pond Rd., 732-531-5000, ext. 3364
• Upper Freehold Municipal Building, 314 Route 539, 609-758-7715
• Freehold Township DPW – Jackson Mills Road, 732-294-2161
You should call first for availability and hours for pickup. Payment must be by check made payable to the “Monmouth County Grant Fund.”