Navigators provided by The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties
The deadline to enroll in order to have HEALTH insurance by January 1, 2016 is December 15, 2015. Open enrollment for affordable health insurance through the Marketplace is November 2015 through January 2016.
- The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties has certified health coverage Navigators who provide free, individual assistance to see if a household qualifies for financial assistance with premiums and to find coverage that fits a family’s budget and needs.
- The penalty for not having health coverage in 2016 is $695 per person, or 2.5% of your annual gross income over a certain threshold, whichever is more, unless a person can file for an exemption.
- Why is the FoodBank helping with health insurance? Almost 60% of the 131,000 people who receive emergency food at pantries in our region have significant unpaid, medical and hospital bills, making it even harder for these families to cover basic needs like food. The average cost of a 3-day hospital stay is $30,000; a broken leg can cost up to $7500. Health coverage protects families from high, unexpected costs like these.
WHERE TO FIND HELP:
- In Monmouth County, assistance is available at the Financial Success Center at the Freehold Mall (outside Macy’s first floor) Tuesday through Thursday from 10am – 7pm, and some Saturdays.
Call (732) 643-5888 for questions, appointments or information about this and other sites in Monmouth County.
- In Ocean County, assistance is available during open enrollment at the Ocean County Family Success Center, 1433 Hooper Ave., Toms River on Wednesdays from 11am – 7pm, as well some branches of the Ocean County Library. Call (732) 643-5888 for questions, appointments or information about these and other sites in Ocean County.