SAYREVILLE, NJ – The membership of the New Jersey State First Aid Council, now “doing business as” the EMS Council of New Jersey (EMSCNJ), have elected the volunteer emergency medical service organization’s officers for 2016. Central Area Vice President Joseph G. Walsh, Jr., of Neptune, will replace current President Howard Meyer of Berkeley Heights, who is stepping down after three years of service. John Butterweck of Morganville will assume the Central Area Vice President post.
EMSCNJ officers elected for 2016 are:
· President Joseph G. Walsh, Jr. (Neptune)
· Northern Area Vice President Cyndy Reardon (Bloomingdale)
· Central Area Vice President John Butterweck (Morganville)
· Southern Area Vice President Phil Wien (Maple Shade)
· Treasurer Ken Weinberg (Pittstown)
· Assistant Treasurer LeRoy Gunzelman (Somerville)
· Secretary Barbara Platt (New Egypt)
· Membership Secretary Sue Meyer (Berkeley Heights)
Installation of officers will take place during the group’s Jan. 23, 2016 general membership meeting.
The 86-year-old nonprofit EMSCNJ represents 20,000 EMS volunteers affiliated with nearly 300 rescue squads throughout the state.