N.J. Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services launches new service to speed up the process of forming a business in New Jersey
TRENTON, NJ - The New Jersey Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services is launching a new and improved Business Formation service.
This web-based application streamlines the process of forming a business in New Jersey and provides real-time access to purchased documents for up to 14 days. The Business Formation service is accessible via https://www.njportal.com/DOR/BusinessFormation/Home/Welcome, or the Division’s website at www.nj.gov/njbgs. The service is mobile-friendly.
“This modernized service places New Jersey at the forefront of business registry programs nationally,” said James Fruscione, Director of the Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services. “The new service is flexible and intuitive. Most importantly, it will serve as a springboard for continuing innovations that support business development in this state.”
The Business Formation service offers key features such as the ability to:
• Search and validate selected business name;
• Identify registered agent by identification number;
• Upload documents such as Good Standing Certificates and business purpose statements;
• Give companies free access to official copies of their documents for printing and/or transmission to interested parties for up to 14 days after filing;
• Immediately post official copies of filed documents on the public record system for legal business entities – a key to establishing a fully recognized business presence in New Jersey;
• Reduce the data entry burden on the business community by linking with the online tax/employer registration process;
• Accept all major credit cards and eChecks.