FREEHOLD, NJ - Monmouth County: Monmouth County Clerk Christine Hanlon, Surrogate Rosemarie Peters and Sheriff Shaun Golden are teaming up to deliver county services and programs directly into communities through the new Mobile County Connection.
“We are proud to have formed such an important outreach program,” said Christine Hanlon, Monmouth County Clerk. “It is the first of its kind in Monmouth County and features mobile government services in an effort to connect people with government in their communities.”
The Mobile County Connection office is housed in a large mobile command center and will be rolled out at the Middletown Township Library, 55 New Monmouth Rd, on Aug. 18 from 10am to 1pm. During the event, residents will be able to apply for and renew their passports as well as have passport photos taken. Residents will also have access to free notary services and voter/election information. The Monmouth County Sheriff’s Office will be offering Youth and Ident-Adult Identification Cards and information on the proper installation of child safety seats, along with other agency services. In addition, there will be information on the Monmouth County Surrogate’s Office regarding estate, guardianship and adoption services and other programs offered throughout the county.
“This new Mobile County Connection enhances our continuing efforts to make government services and public safety initiatives more accessible to the residents of Monmouth County,” said Sheriff Shaun Golden. “We anticipate the Mobile County Connection to be a tremendous success as it travels to municipalities, senior centers and libraries throughout the county to serve the public’s needs in a timely and convenient fashion.”
“We look forward to bringing the Mobile County Connection to communities and meeting the residents who will utilize its services,” said Rosemarie Peters, Monmouth County Surrogate. “Having access to county government services on wheels allows us to better serve the public.”
Passport Services Requirements Include:
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP (1 of the following)
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate with both parents’ names and raised seal
- Naturalization on papers
- an expired passport).
- Driver’s License if from NJ (18 and over); or
- Out of State Driver’s License (with second form of ID); or
- Military ID; or
- State issued non‐driver ID (with second form of ID).
- Second form of ID can be: social security card, health insurance card, social security
card, employment ID, school ID.
- Children age 15 and under must have both parents present when applying and
birth certificate. Both parents need valid ID.
- Children age 16 & 17 must have one parent with valid ID present when applying.
- Passport: Check or Money Order only
- Routine Processing (6 weeks) $110 (ages 16 and over); $80 (ages 15 and under)
- Expedited (4 weeks) $60 additional (3 weeks) $74.85
- Processing fees: Cash or Money Order only $25 per application; $10 for photo