MIDDLETOWN, NJ – Improvements to more than a dozen township roads are making their way to the drawing board this year.
Scheduled improvement projects include:
- Kings Highway from Red Hill Road to Route 35
- Cooper Road from Route 35 to Sleepy Hollow Road
- Main Street, from Murphy Road to Route 36
- Railroad Avenue from Seeley Avenue to East Road
- Drainage improvements at various locations
- Miscellaneous paving and concrete work.
The township also plans to complete the design and permit work for future improvements to East Road, Tindall Road and Bamm Hollow Road. Design work can include preparing plans and job specifications, survey work and coordination with utilities.
Road projects are selected annually based on need as well as recommendations from the Township Engineer and Roads Division Supervisors, said Township Administrator Anthony Mercantante. Middletown maintains over 600 lane miles of road township-wide.
Additional projects included in the 2015 Capital Plan are:
- Improvements at Poricy Park including classroom enhancements and construction of a pavilion for public events
- Design of synthetic turf field at Croydon Hall
- Design of the Stevenson Park Bridge
- Acquisition of a fire truck that capable of accessing dwellings in the Bayshore that had to be elevated as a result of Superstorm Sandy.
Funding for the 2015 capital project was approved by the Middletown Township Committee at the June 1, 2015.