NEW YORK, NY - With St. Patrick’s Day coming up on Tuesday, the personal finance website WalletHub today released its St. Patrick’s Day By The Numbers report, which highlights the green germane to this costly celebration – from the $4.6 billion that we’ll spend on St. Paddy’s Day 2015 to the $1.3 million market value of a pot of gold.
Some of other interesting stats include:
- $36.5: Average amount St. Patrick’s partiers will spend
- 70%: Increase in cabbage shipments during St. Patrick’s week
- 13M: Pints of Guinness will be consumed worldwide on St. Patrick’s Day
- 4th: St. Patrick's Day's rank among the calendar’s most popular drinking days – behind New Year's Eve, Christmas and the Fourth of July
- 276: Drunk-driving casualties on St. Patrick Day (2009 - 2013)
- $60,967: Median income for Irish-American households (vs. $52,250 for all households)