With just hours until Cupid takes flight, the personal finance website WalletHub today released its Valentine’s Day By The Numbers report, which highlights the dollars and cents associated with this expensive consumer holiday. This report is a follow-up to WalletHub’s Best & Worst Cities for Valentine’s Day in 2015 as well as its sister site CardHub’s collection of the Best Valentine’s Day Credit Card Deals.
Some of the interesting statistics in the infographic include:
- $18.9 Bil: Total Valentine’s Day spending projected for 2015
- $2.09 Bil: Amount to be spent by the 38% of people buying flowers
- $4.83 Bil: Amount to be spent by the 21% of people buying jewelry
- 53%: Of women say they would break up with their significant other if they got nothing for Valentine’s Day
- 6 Mil: Proposals are made on Valentine’s Day