Asbury Park, NJ - As prom season approaches the nation, it presents a great opportunity for the LGBTQ community to come together, dress up in fancy tuxedos and gowns, and help to promote a worthy cause.
Pink Prom, to be held on Friday, May 8, 2015 at the Hotel Tides, is a fundraising event where the community is able to support an organization that has performed countless good deeds. This year, proceeds from the prom will benefit The Pride Center of New Jersey.
The Pride Center of New Jersey is a welcoming place for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and questioning men, women and teens to meet, socialize, share, bond, grow in self-awareness and thrive. You will find numerous social, supportive, educational, entertaining, and fun opportunities in over twenty groups and events that happen every month.
"The Pink Prom has become one of the most anticipated and successful fundraising events in New Jersey. The event has sold out each year in a little over a week, and it shows how much the LGBTQ community will come together to support a worthy cause ... and also to party at a swanky event," said Eric Pinckney, event founder and author of the city's LGBTQ blog, "Living in the gay scene of Asbury Park". "The prom holds such a special meaning for me; I look forward to it every year."
Pink Prom, to be held from 8 p.m. to 12 a.m., is a 21-and-over only event and will include the following:
- After-party at Georgie's Bar in Asbury Park;
- Passed hors d'oeuvres and buffet;
- Three complimentary spiked punch bowls, and cash bar available;
- Live entertainment provided by drag extraordinaire Pissi Myles;
- Dancing with DJ Mick Hale;
- Desserts provided by Confections of a Rockstar;
- A local photographer to snap memorable prom photos of attendees;
- 2015 Prom King & Queen presentation;
- Complimentary swag bags and silent auction;
- Special commemorative book.
In addition, a coupon is available to receive $5 boutonnieres and $10 corsage/wristlets at Peter James Floral Couture, located at 1401 Ocean Ave. @ the Berkeley Oceanfront Hotel in Asbury Park. Call 732-455-5525.