PHOTO: The Jersey Shore Rose Society’s 43rd Annual Rose Show will take place Saturday, September 13 at DeepCutGardens, Middletown. Visitors are invited from 12-4 p.m. to view the rose show as well as enjoy tours of the gardens and vote on their favorite arrangements. (Photo credit: Andrew Hearne)
MIDDLETOWN — Take some time to stop and smell the roses at the Jersey Shore Rose Society’s (JSRS) 43rd Annual Rose Show on Saturday, September 13 at DeepCutGardens. Visitors are welcome to watch as roses are prepared for exhibition from 8-10 a.m. Then, after judging is complete, entries will remain on exhibit from 12-4 p.m. for public viewing. A picturesque, 54-acre horticultural site with many garden-related amenities, including its own Rose Parterre, DeepCutGardens is located on Red Hill Road in Middletown, just off the Garden State Parkway Exit 114.
JSRS Rose Show “Fun Facts”
- All entries are locally-grown by amateurs.
- Rose shows are a prime opportunity to view both old and new varieties of roses.
- The show is an official function of the American Rose Society, with certified ARS Horticultural and Arrangement judges.
- The show consists of horticultural, arrangement, and photography sections.
- This is the final rose show of the year for exhibitors in the area.
For more information on Park System events and programs, please visit www.monmouthcountyparks.com or call 732-842-4000, ext. 4312. For persons with hearing impairment, the TTY/TDD number is 711. The Monmouth County Park System, created in 1960 by the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders, is Monmouth County’s Open Space, Parks, and Recreation agency.