Tourism calendar full of activities all month long
FREEHOLD, NJ – The list of activities in Monmouth County this March includes parades, plays and performances, so there’s sure to be a bit of March madness for you to enjoy.
The first weekend in March, enjoy Ocean Grove’s “Girls Getaway Weekend” from Feb. 28 to March 2. Asbury Park celebrates First Saturday Night on March 1, featuring a sidewalk sale and Brookdale Community College hosts the 2014 E. Murray Todd Half Marathon on March 2.
There’s nothing like a parade to usher in the month, and thanks to the St. Patrick’s Day celebration in Belmar that is exactly what you can be part of on Sunday, March 2. Asbury Park and Rumson will host St. Patrick’s Day Parades on March 9 and Highlands and Keyport keep the spirit alive with their annual St. Patrick’s Day Parades on March 22.
If you are looking for St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, the County’s tourism calendar lists many of the best:
- Belmar’s Celtic Chase/Beach Fun Run will be held on March 1.
- St. Patrick’s Day in the 1830s will be celebrated at Historic Allaire Village on March 9.
- Irish Folk Music with “Three Pints Shy” will be presented at the Allaire Chapel at Historic Allaire Village on March 15.
- Irish Week Flavor of Freehold is going on March 11 and 12 in Downtown Freehold.
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at 4JG’s Winery on March 15 and 16.
On March 9, head over to Belmar for their restaurant tour and sample the fine cuisine of local Belmar restaurants.
Count Basie hosts several concerts and unique shows this month:
- On March 2, Count Basie presents the interactive play Tony and Tina’s Wedding at Buona Sera Restaurant in Red Bank.
- The eighties group, The Straits, performs on March 4.
- The Moody Blues delivers rock & roll music on March 7 and 8.
- Don’t miss Cesar Millan Live! On March 12 and learn the secrets of a happier and healthier relationship between humans and their canine companions.
- Country music’s Lonestar performs on March 13.
- Cirque Ziva: Golden Dragon Acrobats can be seen on March 16.
- The Moscow Festival Ballet presents Swan Lake on March 19.
- Comedian Wanda Sykes comes to the theater on March 28.
Other theater and concert performances in March include:
- Algonquin Arts presents “Driving Miss Daisy” on March 7 and 8, “13 the Musical” on March 9 and 10 and “My Fair Lady” on March 22, 23, 28 and 29.
- At Two River Theater, Meredith Wilson’s “The Music Man” can be seen March 13 through 16 and Suzanne Vega performs March 20.
- Jennifer Levonian presents a workshop on stop motion animation on March 6 in the Wilson Auditorium at Monmouth University.
End the month at the annual Red Bank Wedding Walk that will take place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on March 30 at the Oyster Point Hotel. The event offers one-stop shopping for all wedding needs.
As always, Monmouth County’s Calendar of Events will provide you with even more March entertainment. For a complete listing of events, go to www.visitmonmouth.com and click on the Tourism tab to find the Calendar of Events. Compiled by the Monmouth County Department of Public Information and Tourism, it is a comprehensive source for things to do and places to go and is updated regularly. You can also call 1-800-523-2587 to have a packet of information mailed to you, or stop by 1 East Main St., Freehold to browse the extensive literature between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
The next time you are on Facebook be sure to “like” the Monmouth County Tourism Page. If you use Twitter, follow us on there, too.