FREEHOLD, NJ - Don’t let frightful February temperatures discourage you from enjoying winter in Monmouth County. It is a great month to immerse yourself in arts and culture indoors, but what is more romantic than a moonlit stroll on the Jersey Shore either on the beach or window shopping through a downtown district? And with fresh snow on the ground, it’s even more enjoyable!
On Feb. 2 head out to your favorite Monmouth County spot to watch Super Bowl XLVIII at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey!
This month, Monmouth County is for lovers; chocolate lovers, that is. And what would chocolate be without wine? Wine and Chocolate Lovers’ Weekends at Four JG’s Orchards and Vineyards in Colts Neck are on Feb. 8-9 and 15-16. Visit Four JG’s tavern-like tasting room from noon to 5 p.m. any of those days for wine and chocolate tastings and live music. For Valentine’s Day theater, Count Basie has you covered with “A Valentine’s Doo Wop” on Feb. 8.
Dreaming of escaping the cold and traveling to a warmer climate? Don’t miss the first-ever Vacation Expo in Monmouth County on Feb. 9 at Sickles Market in Little Silver. From 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., tour representatives will offer you the best in local and world travel options.
If you prefer to stay close to home, stay warm and discover Monmouth County’s theater and music:
- The Center Players are performing “BABY” every weekend throughout February at the Center Playhouse in Downtown Freehold.
- Chris Pinnella sings hits and standards of love on Feb. 14 at the Algonquin Arts Theatre in Manasquan.
- Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank boasts an exciting lineup including Ms. Lauryn Hill on Feb. 7, the Monmouth Symphony Orchestra on Feb. 9, RAIN: A Tribute to the Beatles on Feb. 16, Josh Turner on Feb. 22 and comedian Joy Behar on Feb. 23.
- Two River Theater Company’s “Pinkolandia” begins a month-long performance on Feb. 22 in Red Bank.
- Head to Pollak Theater at Monmouth University in West Long Branch to see R. Luke Dubois on Feb. 12, Nick Dear’s Frankenstein on Feb. 13 and the film “The Time that Remains” on Feb. 18.
Looking for more fun? Some unique events this month include Ocean Grove’s “Girlfriend Getaway Weekend” from Feb. 28 to March 2 and the interactive play Tony and Tina’s Wedding, which will be presented at Buona Sera Restaurant in Red Bank on Feb. 28.
As always, Monmouth County’s Calendar of Events will provide you with even more February entertainment. For a complete listing of events, go to www.visitmonmouth.com and click on the Tourism tab to find the Calendar of Events. Compiled by the Monmouth County Department of Public Information and Tourism, it is a comprehensive source for things to do and places to go and is updated regularly. You can also call 1-800-523-2587 to have a packet of information mailed to you, or stop by 1 East Main St., Freehold to browse the extensive literature between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
The next time you are on Facebook be sure to “like” the Monmouth County Tourism Page. If you use Twitter, follow us on there, too.