SHREWSBURY, NJ - The NJ blood inventory levels are still critically low on O NEG, O POS, A NEG & B NEG with less than one days supply of these types.
Due to a set of unusual circumstances, NJ & the nation at large is experiencing the largest blood shortage in recent history. The reasons for the critical blood shortage are as follows:
- The holidays falling in mid-week have compounded a traditionally slow collection period.
- The snow storm resulted in cancellation of a significant blood drive and affected the rest of operations.
- The persistent extremely cold weather in many parts of the country has reduced all inventories and we are unable to source blood from anywhere else.
Please donate blood today or tomorrow at one of our convenient donor centers in Shrewsbury, Howell or Toms River.
EMERGENCY BLOOD DRIVES:
- St Martha’s Church - Sunday January 12th 9:00AM – 2:00PM
(3800 Herbertsville Road, Point Pleasant)
- Jersey Shore Medical Center - Monday January 13th 11:00AM – 4:00PM We will be in the bloodmobile in the Booker Lot.
- Jersey Shore Medical Center – Friday January 17th 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Insidein the Lance Auditorium
Central Jersey Blood Center is NJ’s largest non-profit community blood center dedicated to saving lives by providing safe, high quality blood products and services to patients in need. Learn more at www.cjbcblood.org or call 888-71-BLOOD to schedule a donation appointment.