FREEHOLD, NJ – Monmouth County has scheduled five fall 2013 Paper Shredding events in local communities so that Monmouth County residents have opportunities to get rid of old documents and confidential files safely.
All shredding events will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. as follows:
- Saturday, September 7 – Wall Twp. Municipal Complex, 2700 Allaire Rd.
- Saturday, September 21 – Manasquan 4th Avenue parking
- Sunday, September 29 – Keansburg High School, 190 Port Monmouth Rd.
- Saturday, October 19– Boro of Shrewsbury Municipal Complex, 419 Sycamore Ave.
- Saturday, November 2—Freehold Twp. Municipal Complex, 1 Municipal Plaza
“We are happy to offer these events for responsible paper disposal which will help residents reduce the risk of identity theft,” said Freeholder Deputy Director Serena DiMaso. “The County continues to be proactive in removing recyclables from our waste stream and we encourage residents to do their part by making use of these events and all other county services for proper waste disposal.”
County residents may bring up to 100 lbs. to be shredded. The shredding event will stop once the shredding truck is full. All papers will be shredded on location in the mobile truck. Documents should be free of large binder clips; staples and paper clips may be left on documents.
This is a project of the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders and partner municipalities.
Information about these paper shredding events, recycling and removing other items from the County’s waste stream may be obtained from the County’s website at www.visitmonmouth.com or by calling 732-683-8686, ext. 6721.