Take Free Service from HBLR Liberty State Park Station to Lower Manhattan
Trenton, NJ – The Christie Administration advised NJ TRANSIT customers today to save time and money by taking free ferry service from Jersey City to Lower Manhattan. The service includes free parking at the agency’s Hudson Bergen Light Rail Liberty State Park station’s park-and-ride, free shuttle bus service to/from the nearby ferry docks and free ferry service to/from Battery Park.
NJ TRANSIT has teamed up with Statue Cruises to operate the service until further notice on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m., 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. LSC is located off of Exit 14C of the New Jersey Turnpike.
The free parking, busing and ferry service at HBLR’s Liberty State Park station’s park-and-ride is part of an emergency Trans-Hudson access plan designed to get customers back to work as NJ TRANSIT continues to repair significant storm damage from Hurricane Sandy
NJ TRANSIT is still several weeks away from full service restoration. Emergency conditions still exist across the NJ TRANSIT system and will continue for some time for regular commuters. During the recovery period, NJ TRANSIT strongly advises customers to use ferry service.
Additional Customer Tips
- Customers utilizing NJ TRANSIT rail or regular NJ TRANSIT bus service are encouraged to consider traveling during off-peak periods to avoid crowds and potential delays.
- Delays, detours, crowding and other challenges can continue to be expected by customers during system restoration and recovery.
- For the latest travel information, customers should listen to broadcast traffic reports, visit njtransit.com, or access NJ TRANSIT’s Twitter feed at @NJ_TRANSIT or Facebook page.
- Additionally, NJ TRANSIT will provide the most current service information via the My Transit alert system (www.njtransit.com/mytransit), which delivers travel advisories for your specific trip to your cell phone, PDA or pager.
- Automated service information is also available by calling (973) 275-5555.