HIGHLANDS, NJ - Effective Monday, November 5th, Seastreak will resume operating service from our Highlands facility.
Seastreak, Highlands Mayor Frank Nolan, Highlands Chief of Police Joseph Blewett, the Highlands town council, and New Jersey Lieutenant Governor Kim Guadagno and staff, and all the hard working members of the Seastreak family, were able to organize a safe and effective means of reinstating ferry service in Monmouth County which will help residents return to work following the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
Please note the following restrictions:
- Access to and from the Highlands facility will be limited to Linden Avenue only.
- A checkpoint will be in place which will limit access to ticket holders only, so please have your ticket ready to show at the checkpoint to keep traffic flowing as you arrive into town.
- Seastreak will have ticketing staff at the checkpoint for customers who need to purchase tickets.
- Seastreak encourages carpooling.
- With the limited access to and from the Highlands facility, please allow ample time to arrive on time for your departure.
The schedule on Monday, November 5th will be as follows:
Departures from Highlands will be:
6:00am, 7:00am, 8:00am and 8:55am
Returns from East 35th St. and Pier 11 will be:
4:15pm E.35th St./4:40pm Pier 11
5:10pm E. 35th St./5:30pm Pier 11
6:30pm E. 35th St./6:45pm Pier 11
7:30pm E. 35th St./7:45pm Pier 11
We hope to have our Atlantic Highlands location operating by mid-week. We will keep you updated via e-mail and the Seastreak website at www.Seastreak.com.
Please continue to check www.seastreak.com for updates.