Enjoy fun for the family outdoors and get ready for summer’s start
FREEHOLD, NJ – May is your month if you are ready for the return of farmers’ markets, migrating birds and beach weather in Monmouth County.
Outdoors or in, the Monmouth County Department of Public Information and Tourism details the many events on its Calendar of Events. The list is updated daily at www.visitmonmouth.com. Most attractions are linked to Web sites and provide details. Or, if you prefer, you can request that a packet of information, including the calendar, be mailed to you by calling 1-800-523-2587.
Red Bank’s Count Basie Theatre and Two River Theater,
If you love history there is plenty to consider: From 6 to on May 11 there will be an 18th century Colonial Tavern Party at the Murray Farmhouse in
May 17, 18, 19 and 20 is the Sea Bright Fireman’s Fair from to and there is also the May 18, 19 and 20 Bamboozle live music festival on the beach in
On May 20, the Monmouth County Park System features the Outdoor Adventure Expo at
The month wraps up with start of
- Here’s a sampling of items for Memorial Day weekend:
May 24 at – 10th Annual New Jersey State of the Shore at the Sea Gulls Nest in
Sandy Hooklaunches the 2012 Beach Season and announces the Top 10 Beaches Awards;
- May 25 at – The Shore EZride Jitney will take its inaugural ride from the boardwalk at
to the train station in Pier Village Long Branch. The Shore EZride Jitney also will help beachgoers get to and from the beaches of Asbury Park, Ocean Grove and Bradley Beach this summer;
- May 26 and 27 at – Bradley Beach Memorial Day Weekend Festival will be on the boardwalk with food and craft vendors;
- May 26 and 27 at – The
annual sidewalk sale opens; Spring Lake
- May 27 at – The Seaport Craft Show gets starts at
in Highlands, and Huddy Park
- May 27 from to at Monmouth Park Racetrack “Food Truck Wars” battle commences with various types of food, crafters, vendors and live music.
Please remember that many towns will host services for the men and women in whose honor Memorial Day is dedicated.
May really is a busy month when restaurants, hotels, stores and more will be getting ready for a great summer season for residents and visitors to