The season for Christmas Seals, the American Lung Association’s cherished and time-honored year-end campaign, is here. In the quest for the perfect gift and desirable holiday wrapping, there’s more than one reason to give the gift of Christmas Seals this year – 10 reasons to be exact:
- Be one in a million – More than 10 million people nationwide receive Christmas Seals toward the end of the year. Don’t be left out.
- Fight for the cause – Lung disease, consisting of asthma, COPD, lung cancer and other respiratory disease, is the third leading cause of the death in the U.S. Christmas Seals are fighting to prevent that distinction.
- Honor your loved ones – Most people know someone personally affected by lung disease, whether a friend, aunt, beloved grandparent, parent or child. A Christmas Seals donation honors their struggle.
- Save lives – The mission of the American Lung Association is to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease. Since 1907, millions of lives have been saved through funds raised by the Christmas Seals Campaign. There are millions more to be saved.
- Include yourself in the success - Christmas Seals is the American Lung Association’s most successful campaign. All proceeds help combat lung cancer, childhood asthma, tobacco use, secondhand smoke, air pollution and influenza.
- Relish the tradition – The decorative seals are a holiday tradition that has included presidents, first ladies, beloved musicians and American icons across many decades, making it another reason to relish the campaign.
- It Isn’t All About the Seals – The Christmas Seals campaign also offers ornaments, greeting cards, cookie cutters and kid’s games, adding to the Holiday spirit.
- The more festive, the better – Adorning your gifts with the colorful, nostalgic seals add to the lasting impact of the gifts planned for family, friends and associates.
- Education, Advocacy and Research – Programs such as Asthma Camp, Teens Against Tobacco Use and Breathe Well, Live Well, as well as advocacy for clean air and research for a cure for lung disease, are all funded by the Christmas Seals Campaign.
- Because You Want to – Christmastime is the best time to give, and Christmas Seals make healthy air and healthy lungs a gift worth having.
To order or for more information on the Christmas Seals Campaign, visit www.ChristmasSeals.org. For more information on lung disease and the programs of the American Lung Association in New Jersey, visit www.lunginfo.org or call (908) 685-8040.