Opportunities to dispose of old documents safely
FREEHOLD, NJ – Monmouth County has scheduled five spring 2011 Paper Shredding events in local communities so that Monmouth County residents have opportunities to get rid of old documents and confidential files safely.
All shredding events will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. as follows:
- Saturday, April 16 – Red Bank, Marine Park at One Marine Park
- Saturday, May 21 – Freehold Township, Municipal Complex at One Municipal Plaza
- Sunday, May 22 – Holmdel High School, 36 Crawfords Corner Rd. (behind the school)
- Saturday, June 4 – Spring Lake Heights Elementary School, 1110Hwy. 71 (entrance is on Brighton Avenue)
- Saturday, June 18 – Millstone, Wagner Farm Sports Complex, corner of Baird and Woodville roads
“We are happy to provide these events for responsible paper disposal and to help residents reduce the potential for identity theft,” said Freeholder Thomas A. Arnone. “The county continues to be proactive in removing recyclables from our waste stream and we encourage residents to do their part to help by making use of other county services for proper waste disposal as well.”
County residents may bring up to 100 lbs. to be shredded. The shredding event will stop once the shredding truck is full. All papers will be shredded on location in the mobile truck. Documents should be free of large binder clips; staples and paper clips may be left on documents.
This is a project of the Monmouth County Board of Chosen Freeholders and partner municipalities.
Information about these paper shredding events, recycling and removing other items from the county’s waste stream may be obtained from the Monmouth County Planning Board section of the county’s Web site at www.visitmonmouth.com or by calling 732-431-7460.