State law protects consumers from paying for cable television services during extended outages. Many of us have lost power and cable service after Hurricane Sandy and I encourage you to contact Comcast or your local cable provider if you lost service for at least six hours.

Although cable providers must provide rebates, they are under no obligation to do so unless a customer requests one within 30 days. Comcast customers can ensure their rebate by calling Comcast at 1-800-934-6489. Other customers should call their own provider directly.

If you have any trouble obtaining a rebate, my office is happy to help you. Please call (732) 787-1170 if you need any help.


Assemblywoman Amy H. Handlin